Sometimes I think posting simple meals are silly. They seem so very obvious. But then, I realize there’s a reason I eat these simple meals. They’re fast, they’re easy, and I enjoy them immensely. So I’m hoping maybe you will too? Leave a comment! Let us know!
I whipped up these eggs the other morning for breakfast, and they were delicious.
- Heat smallest frying pan on level 4-5
- Break 4 Scavenger Eggs in a bowl & lightly whip (Scavenger eggs are so delicious & flavorful – they really don’t need seasoning!)
- Toss 1/2 teaspoon of Kerrygold Butter* into the pan and let it melt. (Kerrygold butter is made from grass-fed cows in Ireland)
- Pour eggs into frying pan and cook until the top begins to set (cooking low is important to cook through the eggs without burning the bottom). This takes about 3-4 minutes.
- When the top begins to firm, use a spatula to flip eggs over and continue cooking – just about 30 seconds to a minute is all that is needed to finish them off.
- Slide onto a plate, and top with a spoonful of Amy’s Organic Salsa (I like the Medium variety)
- Don’t forget to have some fat with this meal too – I had a side of macadamia nuts & almonds with mine.
*Reader’s Note: A better choice than butter would be coconut oil or a dab of olive oil. Butter is not traditional Paleo. Read the comments for more info!
Scavenger eggs come from various farms and we purchase them at Bill the Butcher in Woodinville. We think free-roaming, cow-chasing chickens make the best eggs around! The Kerrygold Butter & Amy’s Salsa can be found at PCC and I think Trader Joe’s as well.
Happy eating! Joey
(I took the photo of the eggs, but this salsa photo was borrowed from Amy’s Website)
Thanks Joey, I enjoy your recipes so much! I’m curious about the butter you use, KerryGold? We have been using SmartBalance for sometime, because somewhere I heard the balance of olive oil and true butter is the best for you, however, I know you are conscience about this as well and want to know your reasoning for choosing KerryGold?
Thanks a bunch Joey!
The Paleo Diet lists all dairy foods (including butter) as foods to avoid, as there are many more healthy fats to choose from such as nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil, coconut oil, etc. You will see me throw it in a recipe occasionally (usually with eggs), but now that I’ve discovered coconut oil I will be choosing that more often. I didn’t eat any butter for about my first 6 months on Paleo, and when I tried it again I found it way too rich for my tastes. But, once in a blue moon, I do enjoy a taste of this Kerrygold butter. And a small amount such as this doesn’t seem to upset my system.
Also check out Mark Sission’s latest post about Coconut Oil & Ghee: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/coconut-oil-and-ghee/