This tasty dish was inspired by an article we read from Catalyst Athletics, but, once again, we’ve tweaked it to our particular liking.
- 4 Red or Green Bell Peppers
- 1 lb. Sausage of your choice (we chose a Mild Italian Sausage, but we’re thinking next time we’ll try the Spicy Italian Sausage)
- 1/2 Cup Onion, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Chopped Thyme
- Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
- Sea Salt, to taste (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Prepare the peppers by cutting of the tops, and discarding the tops and seeds.
- Mix the chopped Onion, raw Sausage, and Spices in a bowl and mix well.
- Stuff the meat mixture into each pepper, and place them upright into a baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the peppers have softened.
Note – these peppers hold a lot of juice, so the juice will spill out on the plate when you cut into them. You can attempt to drain them, or add a bed of arugula or spinach beneath the peppers to soak it up (and for a lovely presentation).
Happy eating! Joey