A Monster Cobb (or any Monster-sized salad) is a great way to get in all your Paleo food groups in one meal. You can add your favorite veggies and any dressing that sounds best that day.
This the first cobb salad I have ever made at home, and it was SO much fun to create! It was easy because I already had leftover chicken, hard-boiled eggs in the fridge, and lettuce and peppers already chopped up. All I had to do was slice the avocado & cook up some bacon.
Most cobb salads traditionally include tomatoes and blue cheese, but, I don’t love tomatoes (once in a awhile is okay) and blue cheese is a dairy. So, I customized this one here to my particular tastes.
I was a bit intimidated by it when I finished putting it together… thought maybe I should have chosen a smaller bowl and a bit less romaine, but I was hungry and decided to go for it. It was so filling. Maybe the most filling meal I have ever eaten. I have decided it just might be the perfect breakfast before Jake and I shoot a wedding. It will keep you full for days!
- One head Romaine, chopped
- 1 Grilled Chicken Breast, diced
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, sliced or diced, whatever you prefer
- 1 Bell Pepper (I chose Red), diced
- 4 Thin Slices of Bacon (get the good kind from the butcher, since it is a once-in-awhile treat), cooked thoroughly so they’re nice and crunchy, break up into small pieces
- 1/2 Avocado, sliced then diced
- Dressing of your choice (I used 2 Tablespoons of Lighthouse’s Red Wine & Olive Oil dressing)
When assembling the salad, first toss the chopped Romaine with the dressing until well coated. Then, you have two options:
- Throw in all your ingredients for more variety per bite.
- Assemble for beauty, lining up your proteins, fats, and veggies so that it’s a treat for the eyes as well as your mouth!
Happy eating! Joey