MMMMMMM is all I have to say. These are SO DELICIOUS! These almonds are great on top of a salad, or eaten right out of a bowl. I got this yummy recipe out of The Paleo Diet For Athletes, by Loren Cordain, PhD and Joe Friel, MS.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 4 teaspoons herb pepper seasoning (or make your own mixture of parsley, lemon pepper, black pepper and garlic powder)
so…I made my own ‘herb pepper’
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teastpoon pepper
should look something like this…
- Preheat the oven to 325
- Spread the oil on a jelly roll pan or flat baking sheet
- Stir the nuts and seasonings together and place on the baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain ona paper towel
- Yields 8 servings
Should look like this…
Sprinkle some on salad…like I did the other day with my chicken spinach salad! TASTY!
Click here for printable recipe!