- 2 chicken breasts thinned to about 1/4 inch thick (I put each chicken piece in between two pieces of saran wrap and pounded them with my mallet)
- 1 onion (yellow or white), chopped
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled into smaller pieces
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- coarsely ground almonds (I used the Herb-Pepper Almonds)
- Toothpicks (to hold the chicken together!)
Heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan and sauté onions and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add spinach and bacon pieces, cook a few minutes more until it looks something like this…
Take your thinned out chicken breasts and place them on a cookie sheet. Divide the spinach onion mix and spread onto the chicken. Like this…
Roll chicken up and secure with a couple toothpicks. Brush with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Have your coarsely ground almonds (I put my whole almonds in the food processor and gave it a couple grinds until they were in small little chunky pieces). Roll your chicken into the almonds and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 30 – 35 minutes. When it comes out of the oven it will look something like this…
Don’t forget to take the toothpicks out, slice and enjoy!
For printable recipe click here.