I love steak, so I get super excited when I discover a new rub. I ordered a Cowboy Rib Eye at a restaurant recently, and it was so good that I had to figure out the recipe so I could make it at home :) So here it is, it’s just a simple rub, so mix the ingredients together, rub on both sides of your favorite grass-fed steak, and grill to your preference! We served ours over some Spicy Spaghetti Squash for a super tasty dish!
Cowboy Rub Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ancho Chili Powder (regular Chili Powder would work fine too)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons fine ground Espresso coffee
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt (optional)
- 1/4 Teaspoon fresh ground Black Pepper
Chef’s note: We cooked these fillets pretty late at night – I think we at them around 8:00 or 8:30pm… and I was awake for hours. I didn’t even think about the caffeine factor in the espresso in the rub, but I definitely think it affected me. So, if you’re sensitive to caffeine like myself, go for decaf!
Happy eating! Joey