Jake and I spotted this recipe on Mark’s Daily Apple awhile back and thought we’d give it a try. We tweaked it a bit for our own personal preferences, and found it to be quite delicious, and definitely worth sharing with you!
Having hard-boiled eggs on hand can be a lifesaver if you need protein in a pinch, and combining it with the tasty fatty avocado makes it super-satisfying. The rest of the ingredients just make it more fun :)
You can hard-boil your eggs the old-fashioned way, or do what we did and pick up this handy-dandy Chef’s Choice 810 Gourmet Egg Cooker. We fired it up last night for the first time and it made us 7 perfectly hard-boiled eggs. The shells came off completely clean and even – so easy!
This is a very forgiving recipe – you can alter the measurements as much or as little as you would like to fit your tastes and your appetite.
That being said, this is my favorite way to do it:
- 1/2 Avocado
- 3 hard-boiled Eggs (Here’s a preview of our new Egg Cooker! Takes 15 minutes. I cooked our eggs the night before so they would be really cold.)
- Juice from a fresh Lemon
- Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Bacon crumbles
- Cook up some bacon so it’s nice and crispy. Set aside.
- Mash the avocado in the bottom of your bowl. (We love our avocado tool from Williams-Sonoma.)
- Juice some of your fresh lemon over the mashed avocado, maybe a tablespoon or so.
- Sprinkle with a little sea salt & fresh ground black pepper.
- Mash it all together with a fork. Like so:
- Peel & chop your hard-boiled eggs. (I like to chop each egg in quarters.)
- Add the chopped egg to the bowl.
- Sprinkle a little more lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper atop the eggs.
- Combine everything together.
- Garnish with some cooked bacon for the full Green Eggs & Ham effect (I left mine off today).
- Eat. Enjoy :)
Happy eating! Joey