Rather than giving you some information today, I am hoping to get some from you. Would you mind? I promise it will only take a moment of your time, and it’s kind of a fun sociological study…
1. How was your Thanksgiving?
2. What did you eat? Mainly, I am curious if you stayed paleo or revisited the modern diet (mashed potatoes, stuffing with bread, biscuits, pie, etc.)?
3. If you did stray away from Paleo, how did it make you feel? How do you feel now?
4. If you did stay paleo among other non-paleo eaters, did it prompt a nutrition discussion at the dinner table? I know that sometimes avoiding certain tasty-looking foods can cause others to worry… What? No potatoes for you?? Are you feeling okay, honey?? Because you must be just plain nuts to not want those, right? ;) wink, wink…
5. Anything else you want to share!
I’ll go first. Jake and I were fortunate to go to Paleo Mom & Dad’s, and mom cooked up a bunch of really delicious paleo meals for us. Even so, I did eat a few of the diabetic no-no’s and did have some high blood sugar last night and this morning because of it. But, because I didn’t break paleo, I had no other ill side affects… no bloating, no tummy ache, no headache or post-grain grumpiness. So, all in all I’d say that I did okay. Not great, just okay. Could have just stuck to the turkey and roasted veggies, but those darned sweet potatoes make me so weak in the knees…
Okay, your turn – please post comments – no judging here – just wanting to help others learn by sharing a bit! Thank you, in advance.
Happy Eating :) Joey