These tasty little treats make the perfect breakfast muffin. Egg-dense, they’re packed full of protein, and the cinnamon/apple combo has them tasting just as great as they smell.
We’ve been whipping up a double batch of these every Sunday, and having them for breakfast during the work week. Try some!
- 3 large Granny Smith Green Apples
- 9 Eggs (pastured if you can get some!)
- 3 tbsp. Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 3 tbsp. warm Water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium skillet, saute the apples, water, and 1.5 tsp. of the cinnamon until the apples are the consistency of chunky applesauce or apple pie filling. Allow the mixture to cool before combining with the egg mixture.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the Eggs, Coconut Milk, Coconut Flour, 1.5 tsp. of Cinnamon, Baking Soda, and Sea Salt until well-combined.
- Add the cooled apples,.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter into lined muffin tins. (Muffins will not rise very much, so feel free to fill the muffin cups up with as much batter as possible).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Makes one dozen.
- Due to the high egg content, we recommend storing remaining muffins in the refrigerator.