When flipping through our new copy of Practical Paleo, we couldn’t believe our good fortune. Pancakes? For real? After tasting our first batch, Jake and I agreed that this recipe alone is worth the cost of the book. And that we definitely needed to increase the batch size next time. (We’ve done so here for you!)
These savory little griddle cakes are packed full of cozy spices and will ooze Autumn all over your taste buds. The texture is so smooth, they melt in your mouth. They’re slightly thinner than traditional pancakes, but don’t let that hold you back. Paired along with a giant batch of baked bacon and a steaming mug of coffee, they are our new favorite weekend treat. Well, okay, I confess… sometimes we even make them for dinner :)
- 6 Eggs
- 3/4 cup canned Pumpkin
- 3 tbsp. Maple Syrup, grade B
- 2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 3 tbsp. Butter, melted + more (solid) as needed for cooking and topping
- Mix the Eggs, canned Pumpkin, Pure Vanilla Extract and Maple Syrup together. Make sure everything is well-blended and as smooth as possible.
- Sift the Pumpkin Pie Spice, Cinnamon, melted Butter, and Baking Soda into the wet ingredients.
- Heat your skillet to medium-high heat (we cook ours on the Griddle at 375).
- Melt a tablespoon of butter on your cooking surface, and spoon your pancake batter onto it for pancakes of your desired size.
- When the pancakes start to bubble, flip them over and continue cooking for about 2 more minutes. Mmm. Don’t those look good?!
- Pancakes will be thinner than traditional pancakes. We recommend stacking them in stacks of 3 or 4, smothering them with butter, sprinkling with cinnamon, and devouring instantly.
- Go great with a giant side of bacon and giant mug of hot coffee!
- Makes approximately 18 3” diameter pancakes.