Previously, we posted a great homemade guacamole recipe we found online which was a delicious way for us to start incorporating avocados into our diet.
Since then, we’ve made guacamole several more times and revamped it to a place we truly believe is the best guacamole ever. It has also become nightshade free for those of you avoiding nightshades :)
More lime-infused, less oniony, and nightshade-free, we think you’ll want to make this a regular staple in your home. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
(This guac also makes a fabulous garnish to the Citrus Carnitas we posted last week. Try them together!)
- 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded & peeled
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 medium Yellow Onion, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Scoop the Avocado flesh into a mixing bowl.
- Roll the 2 limes on a hard countertop until they feel soft, to ensure maximum juice extraction.
- Juice the limes over the Avocado. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle in the Sea Salt, Ground Cumin, and minced Garlic.
- Using an avocado tool or potato masher, mash all ingredients together to your desired smoothness.
- Gently mix in the diced Onion and chopped fresh Cilantro.
- Enjoy immediately, or let sit for an hour for flavors to marry even further together. Serve at room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate leftovers.
CLICK HERE FOR A PRINTABLE RECIPE FOR NIGHTSHADE-FREE GUACAMOLE
Happy eating! Joey