While I think we’ve crafted the most tasty burger recipe, it’s actually quite simple. Really, burgers should be customizable to each and every individual consumer. There is only one important ingredient that truly “makes” this burger, but I will include our complete recipe just in case you’d like to try it 100% our way.
Ever since we discovered this special ingredient, we seem to be quite addicted.
We’ll scour the grocery store for this one item, and beg for it from the butchers if it’s not visible. When found, we’ll purchase much more than we’re capable of consuming, and eat it for days on end.
It’s just that good.
Recently, Jake and I discovered that a local farm is providing pre-made, 100% grass-fed burger patties to our local PCC that consist of 20% fat.
Yep, you read that right… 20% fat.
In today’s world, that’s pretty much an unseen percentage of fat combined with ground beef. People are still getting used to the fact that fat from grass-fed beef is indeed healthy, and my hunch is that stores are wary of carrying it because so many consumers still seek lean meat.
At our PCC, these burger patties fly off the shelves faster than turkeys in November.
One day, we noticed that PCC didn’t have the 20% patties available, but, they had stocked the shelves with some that they made themselves that were 16% fat (still from 100% grass-fed cows), so we bought them (because we’re addicts and needed our fix). They just were not the same. The 20% really makes the difference for a juicy, delicious burger.
So, if you are able to get your hands on some of this at your grocery store, or to ask a local farmer to make you some 100% grass-fed ground beef with 20% fat, you’ll find yourself in a wonderfully delicious situation.
Here’s how we prepare our favorite bunless burgers…
Ingredients, per burger:
- 100% Grass-Fed burger patties with 20% fat
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder (each side)
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder (each side)
- Sea Salt, to taste (each side)
- Fresh-Ground Black Pepper, to taste (each side)
- Dill Pickles, sliced
- 2+ slices of good-sourced pork bacon, baked
- Nightshade-Free Guacamole
- Organic Yellow Mustard
- At least one hour before, make a batch of Nightshade-Free Guacamole.
- Next, cook your bacon. We recommend baking it (takes around 15-20 minutes).
- While the bacon is baking, slice up your pickles and prepare any other toppings for your burgers.
- Preheat your BBQ.
- Season both sides of the burger patties with the Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, and fresh-ground Black Pepper.
- BBQ the burgers for 2-5 minutes per side (time will vary based on thickness: 2-3 for thin patties, 4-5 for thick patties)
- When done, we like to stack two patties together and adorn them with 2-3 dill pickle slices, 2 slices of baked bacon, and a large spoonful of homemade guacamole 2.0.
- For extra tang, dip bites of the burger into some Organic Yellow Mustard.
- Best eaten with a fork and knife, though you could always throw a cabbage leaf or some iceberg lettuce around it for a lettuce-wrap handheld burger.