Hi friends. I am excited to share with you a fabulous Sleep Love Eat original treat today.
Wanting to create an Autumn-inspired comfort food, I tried several different versions of this grain-free bread before landing upon the perfect combination of ingredients. I even drafted an Excel document to track the difference in the recipes, and the pros and cons of each version. Yep, you heard me. Excel. It’s sexy, I know.
Posted last year, our Grain-Free Banana Bread was a big hit, and is one of our most shared recipes, so I used that as my inspiration and base for this delicious pumpkin dish.
This original recipe is seasonal, warm, and chocolatey. It’s the perfect weekend I just slept in way too long and need something delicious for breakfast item. Best served with a giant mug of piping hot coffee.
- 1 15 oz. can (about 2 cups) Canned Pumpkin
- 6 Eggs
- 7 Medjool Dates, pitted
- 2/3 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup, Grade B
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Using a food processor, mix together the canned Pumpkin and Eggs.
- Add the pitted Dates, and mix until well-combined.
- Next, add the melted Butter, Pure Maple Syrup, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Baking Soda, and Sea Salt. Mix until everything is combined.
- Add the Coconut Flour last, mixing everything together.
- The batter will be very thick. Remove the batter from the food processor, and mix in the Chocolate Chips using a spoon.
- Coat 3 mini-loaf bread pans with a thin coat of Butter to prevent sticking.
- Add the dough to each pan, until they are 2/3 – 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle the tops with extra Chocolate Chips if not enough are visible for your liking.
- Bake for 30 minutes, checking every 3 minutes thereafter, checking with a toothpick. The loaves will be ready when the toothpick comes out clean.
- If the top of the bread begins to brown before the inside of the loaf is ready, simply cover the bread pans with tinfoil and continue cooking to prevent burning.
- When done, place the mini bread pans on a cooling rack. After 10 minutes, remove the loaves from the pan to continue cooling on the cooling rack.
- Slice, and enjoy while warm. Store extras in the refrigerator due to the high moisture content.