Roasted pumpkin seeds are SO worth the effort. While you may not love the idea of opening up a fresh pumpkin and sorting through all of that slimy pulp to pull the seeds out, the final product is warm, toasty, buttery, and salty… like popcorn, but better tasting and better for you.
- 2 cups of Pumpkin Seeds, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons melted Butter
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
Chef’s tip: I love my pumpkin seeds with just these flavors, but feel free to experiment with different combinations of garlic & onion powder, black pepper, chili powder, paprika, or any of your other favorite herbs and spices!
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- If the Pumpkin Seeds have just been removed from a fresh pumpkin, separate the seeds from the pulp, and discard the pulp.
- Rinse seeds in a strainer to remove any remaining pumpkin pulp. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place clean seeds in a bowl, and mix in melted butter and sea salt, to taste.
- Spread the buttered, salted pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet.
- Bake to your desired level of darkness, mixing the seeds about halfway through.
- Recommended roasting time is 20 minutes for a light-colored roast, and 25-30 minutes for a darker roast.
- Spread on paper towels to cool.
- Enjoy warm, and store extras in an airtight container.
Happy eating! Joey